If you love taro bubble tea boba drinks then you will enjoy this video. We got fresh Hawaiian taro (called Kalo in Hawaii) directly from the taro farm (called Lo’i in Hawaii) and prepared it in a pressure cooker. We used a few pieces of taro and added in organic milk, Hawaiian Organic Honey made in Waikiki and ice. The full recipe is below.
The easy way to prepare taro bubble tea is with our taro flavor powder (http://bit.ly/21bUNDu) in case fresh Hawaiian taro is not available for you.
- 3 small pieces (about 1 inch cubes) of Hawaiian Taro
- 4 oz Organic Milk
- 1 cup of ice
- 1-2 tablespoons Hawaiian Organic Honey (adjust to taste)
- 2 oz cooked Black Tapioca Pearls (recipe with video: http://bit.ly/1VkcTDS)
- Add 1 cup water into pressure cooker
- Add taro
- Cook for 30 minutes
- After cooking, put taro in cold water
- Peel off skin
- Scrape off bumps and impurities
- Cut taro into small pieces (about 1 inch cubes)
- In a blender, add taro, ice, milk, and honey
- Blend until smooth
- Add in cooked Tapioca Pearls into a glass or Plastic Drinking Cup
- Add in the Taro Smoothie mixture
- Add Fat Bubble Tea Straw and enjoy!